VoKallista is delighted to be a part of this project. We will be collaborating with singers from around the ranges to sing a collection of uniquely Hills flavoured songs. These songs will be performed as part of a concert being held at the beautiful Burrinja theatre (see the events page for full program details)that explores how we in the Hills live with climate change.
A series of workshops will be running over September and October where anyone who loves to sing can come along and learn the songs. Sheet music and audio will be provided to help you learn your parts.
- Tuesday 15 September 7-9pm @ DRMC (mass choir)
- Wednesday 16 September 7.30-9.30pm @ Kallista Community House (mass choir)
- Thursday 1 October 7.30pm @ TBA (mass choir)
- Sunday 4 October 3-5pm @ DRMC (mass choir)
- Monday 5 October @ Burrinja Black Box theatre (Earth Beat musicians and singers mass choir)
- Saturday 10 October 5–8pm @ Burrinja (full dress and tech rehearsal)
- Sunday 11 October 3–5.30pm @ Burrinja (live performance!)
For more information about getting involved with the mass choir, contact:
T: 0407 548 165
About the Living with Climate Change project
This project is coordinated by the Dandenong Ranges Music Council (DRMC), a not for profit organisation who generate and support many local Community Music projects.
Living with Climate Change is a twelve month project showcasing, through art and creative expression, the changes we see on our near horizon: climate, fire, flora and fauna, built environment, social and cultural change. The aim of the project is to explore, challenge and communicate at a creative level, bringing the arts to the fore and letting culture do what it does best, tease out the nuances.
Other elements in the project, apart from the performance Program, include:
- On the Brink: the tensity of change. Dandenong Ranges Open Studios Group Exhibition March 28 -May 3
- Living with Climate Change Biennale Exhibition. A national exhibition of new works exploring thetheme, curated by Burrinja. Opening Sunday October 11
- Conversations and debate – A Symposium with prominent creative, environment and sustainabilityleaders.