Posts is where you add blog articles and song sheets. You need to be logged in to WordPress as an Administrator or an Editor to add a new post.
From the Dashboard:
- Open the Add New Post form by either:
– hovering over the Posts tab to show a sub menu and choose Add Post or
– click Posts, then click Add New at the top of the screen.
- Enter the title in the Enter Title field, i.e the song name or article heading.
- Set the attributes on the right hand side depending on the type of article you are creating as follows:For a Blog:
Categories = Blog ticked
Require Membership = VoKallista current no tick
Sidebar Selection = DefaultIf the article is a media item or a review, then these checkboxes need to be ticked in addition to the Blog.For a Song:
Categories = Song ticked
Require Membership = VoKallista current ticked
Sidebar Selection = Members
Note that the membership may automatically tick VoKallista current as soon as you tick the Song box.
- The text area is where you type the content for the post. You can use the icons on the formatting toolbar as required.Note for headings:
Use the Paragraph drop down for headings to ensure correct structure which is important for search engine optimisation (SEO). The songwriter should be a heading 2.
- Add an excerpt in the Excerpt box below the main text area. The excerpt is usually a copy and paste of the first few sentences. It shows in the blog roll as the introduction before the Read more… link. If there is no excerpt, WordPress will put in the set amount of words that can result in the Read more… link being in the middle of a sentence.
- Once you are finished, click the Publish button to make it go live.
- Click the View Post button located at the end of the Permalinkto see how it looks on the front end.
Introducing soft enter
Enter+Shift gives you a soft enter which is what you need when typing lyrics. A soft enter moves the cursor directly under the line you are typing like this:
This is an example of
a soft enter
Enter by itself gives you a hard enter or new paragraph that moves the cursor down to the next paragraph like this:
This is an example of
a hard enter or new paragraph
- Add images to Posts and Pages
- Add YouTube to Posts
- Add slideshow to Posts and Pages
- Add Parts Charts to song Posts