A slideshow is a great way to display a series of photos on a Post or Page. First you need to create your slideshow and then you can embed it into any Post or Page.
To create a slideshow:
- Go to Page > Add New
- Give your slideshow a meaningful title e.g Lantern Parade 2015.
- Click the Add Media button located just under the Title field.
- Click the Create Gallery option on the left hand side.
- Upload the images if they do not appear in the Media Library already (see the section on Add Image for details on how to do this).
- Select the images you want included in the slideshow.
- If you want the images to show in a particular order, drag and drop them to the arrangement you want.
- Click Create Gallery button located bottom right.
- Make the Gallery Settings on the right as follows:
Link to = none
Random order = leave unchecked if you want the slides to display in the set order or check if random is desired.
Size = Large (recommended however this may depend on the content surrounding it)
Type = Slideshow
- Click the Insert Slideshow button located bottom right. The images will now appear in the text box area.
- To edit, hover over the images until the pencil and cross appear at the top. Click the pencil to edit or the cross to delete the slideshow. Edit as required then click the Update Gallery button located bottom right.
- Click the Publish button to save your slideshow.
To embed the slideshow into a Post or Page:
- In your slideshow page, toggle to the text editor by clicking the text button at the top right of the formatting toolbar.
- Highlight and copy the short code – everything between and including the .
- Open the Post or Page where you are putting the slideshow.
- Toggle to the text editor by clicking the Text button located at the top right of the formatting toolbar.
- Move your cursor to the point where you want to insert the slideshow.
Tip: Good idea to have a paragraph break before and after the insertion point.
- Paste the short code.
- Click the Update button to save your changes.
Note: While you are in the Post/Page editor, your slideshow appears as a gallery of images. To see how it looks as a slideshow you need to see it at the front end by clicking the View Post/Page button.